Carrot Nucchina Unde Recipe / Steamed Lentil Dumplings
Preparation Time - 3 hours
Cooking Time - 20-25 Minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR NUCCHINA UNDE
½ cup Tur dal
½ cup Chana dal
½ cup fresh grated coconut ( or desiccated coconut)
1 medium sized grated carrot
2 green chillies
Few curry leaves chopped
¾ teaspoon salt
STEPS / METHOD TO MAKE NUCCHINA UNDE
- In a clean bowl, soak the tur and chana dal for about 2 ½ hours.
- Grate a medium sized carrot using a salad grater. Set aside.
- Once the dals are soaked, drain off the excess water. Using a food processor or a blender, blend the soaked dals into a coarse mixture without adding any water.
- In another bowl, add finely chopped the green chillies, the grated carrot, blended dals mixture, grated coconut and salt. Mix the ingredients well.
- Due to the water present in the vegetable, the mixture may get a little watery upon adding in salt. Grease your hand with some oil and squeeze out the water from the mixture and make unde or a cylindrical shaped dumplings.
- Arrange the unde in a steamer leaving enough space between the unde or dumplings.
- Steam the unde or dumplings for about 20 minutes till they are cooked completely.
- Serve the nucchina unde with majjige huli / kadi or tomato chutney and savour your protein rich meal.